KSI Careers: Associate Designer
Sterling Heights, MI | Livonia, MI | Macomb, MI
Don’t just design – create spaces in the home that people will love with KSI! If you are a creative, consultative and customer centric designer with a desire to:
- Have good work/life balance
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals
- Work with an organization that believes in career growth and development
- Work with an employer who is committed to your success and celebrates your accomplishments
- Receive the feedback you deserve in your career
- Showcase your passion to make the lives of your clients better through design
Then consider KSI! Celebrating our 50-year anniversary, KSI is an industry leader in kitchen, bath and home design. Through our Bringing Design Home process, our team members develop a true understanding of how our clients use their spaces and how we can make them look and function better for years to come. Our extensive, retail, builder and industry clientele provide limitless opportunities to grow sales.
Associate Designers at KSI have the opportunity to help clients bring their dream living spaces to life through our Bringing Design Home design process. With Design Coordinators on hand to assist with admin tasks, Associate Designers have more time to meet with clients and create.
- Execute the KSI Bringing Design Home sales process by greeting and gathering information from prospects; assessing needs; providing creative design concepts to meet needs; and presenting ideas in a compelling way.
- Intense focus on sales acumen
- Generate design solutions for lead designer sales and own sales using 2020 software
- Develop recurring revenue streams with remodelers, contractors, interior designers, and architects; manage a pipeline for customer follow-up and a close ratio.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for targeted B2B clients.
- Develop relationships with vendors.
- Follow up with leads aggressively within given timelines.
- Solicit feedback on products and services from B2B customers.
- Generate new business through prospecting, lead follow-up, referrals and networking in local events and organizations such as NKBA, NARI, and HBA.
- Record customer interactions in CRM.
- Provide product demonstration for clients; emphasize product / service features and benefits.
- Utilize KSI proposal and quoting process for client estimates; discuss terms and present price.
- Document customer orders, changes, and notes in the KSI proprietary system.
- Coordinate installation and design projects with customers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and other design team.
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow-up to variety of inquiries and requests.
- Accept personal ownership of client satisfaction by resolving client issues or inquiries.
- Be a student of the industry by participating in training events, developing expertise, attending NKBA and ASID events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:SUBMIT RESUME
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem resolution skills.
- PC Literacy to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with 2020 software required
- Sales/ Director/Retail experience; sales, interior design experience; kitchen and bath remodeling experience
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective relationship with B2B clients.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Interior Design, Architecture, Arts & Science, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- CKD or AKBD certifications a plus
- 2+ years previous sales & design work experience in a position requiring high level decision making, organization, sales, remodeling, architecture and/or interior design
- Ability to work retail hours to include some evenings and weekends; willingness to make off-hour client appointments
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount