Outside Sales Representative
Farmington Hills, MI
Celebrating our 50-year anniversary, KSI is an industry leader in kitchen, bath and home design. Through our Bringing Design Home process, our team members develop a true understanding of how our clients use their spaces and how we can make them look and function better for years to come. Our extensive, retail, builder and industry clientele provide limitless opportunities to grow sales.
We’re looking for motivated sales professionals to join our Builder Sales Team! This role is responsible for developing new builder business. Outside Sales is aided by a Builder Support team that assists with design and administrative tasks. This allows Outside Sales to focus on building relationships in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment. Outside Sales earns salary plus commission.
This role is responsible for delivering profitable business growth through new client attainment related to our portfolio of home interior products. Exceptional ability to network and develop strong relationships with residential builders, contractors, architects, designers, and general contractors will be a key to success in this role.
- Achieve assigned sales goals at defined profit targets.
- Generate own leads and develop a sales opportunity pipeline.
- Document and actively manage qualified leads / opportunities in CRM.
- Utilize CRM to prioritize targets and track client follow-up.
- Plan and organize a sales strategy with targeted clients.
- Follow up with leads aggressively and within given timelines.
- Solicit feedback on products and services from key clients.
- Report out on progress and pipeline as required.
- Effectively and consistently use consultative selling skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow-up.
- Ability to travel daily for in-person client meetings and presentations.
- Attend builder events, home showcases and trade shows.
- Networking in local events and organizations such as NKBA, NARI, and HBA.
- Collaborate internally regarding proposal development and client support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sales experience related to builders and/or contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent negotiation, prospecting and closing skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective relationship with B2B clients.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to make off-hour client appointments and attend networking events.
- Prior experience related to the kitchen and bath industry.
- CRM opportunity management.
- 2020 experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount