KSI Careers: Design Coordinator
Birmingham, MI | Macomb, MI
Don’t just design – create spaces in the home that people will love with KSI! If you are a creative, consultative and customer centric designer with a desire to:
- Have good work/life balance
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals
- Work with an organization that believes in career growth and development
- Work with an employer who is committed to your success and celebrates your accomplishments
- Receive the feedback you deserve in your career
- Showcase your passion to make the lives of your clients better through design
Then consider KSI! Celebrating our 50-year anniversary, KSI is an industry leader in kitchen, bath and home design. Through our Bringing Design Home process, our team members develop a true understanding of how our clients use their spaces and how we can make them look and function better for years to come. Our extensive, retail, builder and industry clientele provide limitless opportunities to grow sales.
If you’re looking for a start in the Interior Design business, a Design Coordinator position could be the right fit for you! This role is a great introduction to interior design and showroom management, providing sales, design, and administrative support to our design teams. The Design Coordinator position provides a career path to Design roles for career-minded associates!
- Provide exceptional customer service to builder clients and internal peers.
- Learn and execute the KSI Bringing Design Homesales process.
- Create bids and orders from layouts using the KSI system.
- Bid and order custom merchandise. (Countertops, hardware, etc.)
- Write and process all necessary paperwork with the appropriate follow-up as needed. This includes service tickets, return forms, and KSI purchase orders, etc.
- Document customer orders, changes, and notes in the KSI proprietary system.
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel software to create bids and for other relevant
- Utilize 20/20 design software in preparing bids and perspectives.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the salesperson. This includes, calling
customers to verify deliveries, handling incoming calls, and scheduling deliveries.
- Maintain customer and other files in an organized system. This includes updating the “jobs on order” file in the KSI system.
- All other miscellaneous duties assigned by the supervisor or requested by the builder sales representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:SUBMIT RESUME
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem resolution skills.
- PC Literacy to include 20/20, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- One year minimum of customer service in retail, interior design, kitchen and bath
remodeling, or construction / builder environment.
- Prefer associate degree or equivalent two-year college or technical school in Interior Design, Architecture, Construction or related field.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Requires mathematical skills and the ability to calculate figures considering discounts, proportions, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount